Saturday, February 13, 2010, AM | Leave Comment
When you need the best financial adviser, you look for the best. When you need a good tax preparer, you find a good one. On the same token, when you look for a good and an effective mortgage lender, you look for the best mortgage lender. These days, because of the so many scams going on that have been reported by the media, it’s not as easy to find a good mortgage lender. However, having said that, very few – I mean very few – are bad eggs in a basket.
In any case, if you try hard, you should be able to find a good lender. It’s the biggest investment you can make in your life, you just have to be extremely careful in selecting one.
Here are some criteria that you can consider for finding a good mortgage provider:
- Obviously, the first step is to find a reputable lender. Don’t let Willie’s mortgage story be your outcome.
- Find a good reputable individual working for the lender that has good references.
- Make a list of 3 or 4 such lending companies.
- Make a list of 3 or 4 individuals working for those companies.
- Contact those individuals with your specific goals for the loan
You gotta have a goal, a specific plan when you go to a lending institution and apply for a loan. Most folks do and they get a loan to spend on something that can potentially give them a return.
- Listen to the lending individual what she has to say.
- Ask what she would recommend for your particular situation.
- Discuss openly your goals for the loan.
- See if you feel comfortable with the lending terms and conditions.
- Finally, consult your attorney about the mortgage loan.
In a Nutshell
Do your best to find a good and reputable mortgage lender. Talk to your family, friends and colleagues. Use your favorite search engine to look for a couple of lenders. Read reviews about them.
What do you think?Facebook.com/doable.finance