Wednesday, May 5, 2010, AM | Leave Comment
Napoleon Hill, the author of Think and Grow Rich, believes that a person does not have to be a genius to become rich. Any person can become wealthy if they think positively and have a deep desire to achieve their goals.
You must see your financial dreams and know that you will be able to attain them.
Don’t forget, to successful people, there is no such thing as “defeat.”
What looks like defeat is no more than a great opportunity. Start creating opportunities out of failures and be successful today!
- Don’t rationalize to yourself why you can’t succeed.
- Discipline your body and mind to think positive thoughts.
- Teach yourself that negative thought patterns are unacceptable.
- You can obtain greatness, even if you are not the smartest, most talented, or best looking person in the world.
- Success is yours if you will just allow it to come into your life.
- Don’t underestimate the power of your thoughts.
Hill tells a true tale of a man named Edwin Barnes who desired to become Thomas Edison’s partner. Edwin Barnes, as history tells us, was a nobody. Nevertheless, he had a deep desire, a life dream, and he was determined.
He went to Thomas Edison and convinced him to hire him. He did not instantly achieve his dream, but he worked hard and ultimately became Thomas Edison’s partner.
Edwin Barnes followed 7 steps to gain great success
- Choose a definite dream.
- Put all your energy into that dream.
- Be willing to do menial work at first.
- Visualize your dream.
- Form a strategy.
- Endure through the hard times.
- Eliminate any way to retreat.
In a Nutshell
As you focus on obtaining your goals, answer these questions:
- What is the exact amount of money I want?
- What am I willing to sacrifice for it?
- What exact date do I want this money by?
- What is my strategy?